• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Having never trusted any communist government, and especially, over the last few years, the Chinese government as it's become more of a threat, I was very suspicious of their early claims from the beginning. I didn't, therefore, trust either the WHO or Tam, who were simply parroting CCP propaganda/disinformation.

I watched what Taiwan and South Korea were doing, instead.

Was it racist when Taiwan immediately shut down travel between themselves and the Chinese mainland?

I also began researching on line. I've read through several metric buttloads of research papers and other medical documents on a variety of relevant subjects and, while admitting that I am far from knowing everything, I have a reasonable understanding - and a much lower opinion of politically-appointed "experts" ("Ex": a has been/"Spurt": a drip under pressure) than I originally had, which was not particularly high to begin with.

I'll listen to such people - for a while, at least, but I'll do my own research, listen to as many conflicting opinions from other "experts" (real or in-their-own-minds), and draw my own conclusions. I will never blindly trust anyone, nor even always trust those that I consider competent - because even they can make mistakes, or lack information.

And some of my opinions have changed/evolved. Seeing Taiwan's immediate universal masking, based upon their previous experiences with Chinese gifts like SARS, I was one of the early people to mask up, after my sister and I spent several days researching infection routes and patterns, designs, fabrics, and filter material and then sewing and testing fit and comfort. Having read much more of late, I am much less convinced of the value of masks and more aware of potential drawbacks. I am not (yet) an anti-masker, but now more wear one simply as part of the theatre, and will not wear one more than a split-second after they cease to be a mandatory fashion accessory.

Those political-appointees, by the way, are still enjoying their over-generous incomes plus celebrity status while lording over the mass of unfortunates who have lost jobs, businesses, a year of education with a delay in life from that, and much, much more. They do not have to consider such things as economies and deficits and debts and suicides and opioid overdoses and despair. And they benefit from keeping this going for as long as they can - "we still don't know if vaccines prevent spread", "we may have to wear masks for the next year/two years/three..."

I recently learned that Butler, Pennsylvania, near where I (usually, and hopefully will again) spend my summer holidays and frequently shop while there, now has a monument to its opioid casualties. It had already lost a lot of heavy and steel industry jobs over the past decade or two. That saddens me. The people there were always pleasant, polite, friendly, and helpful.

Let people do their own threat assessments and determine for themselves what risks they are willing to take, or not, and set their own priorities. Most adults manage quite well to do that in every other aspect of their lives.

How the heck can someone be called an EXPERT on a virus that just came into being a little over a year ago? They may be EXPERTS on somethings but the EXPERTS vary widely over how we should do things. Which one you listening too?
Dr. Fauci.

I don’t have the same ‘straightforward, decades of experience’ feeling or confidence in Dr. Tam.

You like Fauci? He's a flip-flopping weasel as well.

And, with that, I'm offline for a few days.

I have some driving to do, and I don't care what Doug Ford thinks.

There was a Doctor on CP24 who said he had 11 patients in his ICU, he stated that they were all essential, or family of essential, workers. His thoughts were all these folk would still be going to the place they got covid even under this 'lockdown'.

Hard to argue with that as I get my uniform ready for a 36 hour weekend in a building with over a thousand people in it......

There was a Doctor on CP24 who said he had 11 patients in his ICU, he stated that they were all essential, or family of essential, workers. His thoughts were all these folk would still be going to the place they got covid even under this 'lockdown'.

Hard to argue with that as I get my uniform ready for a 36 hour weekend in a building with over a thousand people in it......
Heading in tomorrow. Over 500 and social distancing is rarely practiced on either side of the bars.

You like Fauci? He's a flip-flopping weasel as well.

And, with that, I'm offline for a few days.

I have some driving to do, and I don't care what Doug Ford thinks.
Take Tam and Trudeau if you wish.

À chaqu’un son propre goût...

Heading in tomorrow. Over 500 and social distancing is rarely practiced on either side of the bars.
Yeah, I work as a food safety inspector, most kitchens aren't social distancing because they can't. Regularly my company has clients short staffed or closing due to staff isolating.

Essential workers? Hmmmm......Earlier this week some people looking at data points started to flag there's an initial appearance of correlation between vaccinations and increased infection and transmission rates. For those that say that's impossible, that actually happened once before with swine flu vaccine. Although her report was not appreciated by many, she stood behind her numbers.

Found it: Professor Danuta Skowrinski

Good lord, that idiot??

That idiot. Same guy who was defending his son fighting police (to the point of getting tasered) after he got kicked out of a bar with his friends for refusing to wear a mask. Randy Hillier is a shining example of what the OPFOR looks like in the pandemic response. He’s basically a COVID-hoaxer. He’s an embarrassment to our provincial politics.

What the Hell would he know about Nazis?

I'm thankful my father ( RCN ) and uncle ( RCAF - KIA with an entire 7-man crew of Canadians over Occupied France bombing railway targets after D-Day ) , and maternal grand father ( Canadian Army Europe ) had the courage to fight REAL Nazi's during the war.

They, and millions of others, helped put an end to NAZIism so I only had to read about it in history books.

And now, a Canadian politician using it to cater to the base.

What the Hell would he know about Nazis?

I'm thankful my father ( RCN ) and uncle ( RCAF - KIA with an entire 7-man crew of Canadians over Occupied France bombing railway targets after D-Day ) , and maternal grand father ( Canadian Army Europe ) had the courage to fight REAL Nazi's during the war.

They, and millions of others, helped put an end to NAZIism so I only had to read about it in history books.

And now, a Canadian politician using it to cater to the base.
Let’s just pause for a moment to appreciate Randy Hillier literally reducing this to Nazis and tweeting about it (and then doubling down)... during Passover.

Not exactly the most... astute member of our esteemed provincial legislature.

Let’s just pause for a moment to appreciate Randy Hillier literally reducing this to Nazis and tweeting about it (and then doubling down)... during Passover.
The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) responded swiftly. “Lockdowns are not the Holocaust. Vaccines are not the Holocaust. This cannot be said enough,” the organization said. “From trivializing the plight of Anne Frank, to this most recent unacceptable post from Ontario MPP Randy Hillier, these ignorant analogies have no place in civil discourse. CIJA and our community partners in Kingston condemn this shameful abuse of history and call on MPP Randy Hillier to take it down immediately.”

Latest numbers for Ontario, probably the last one to get the point across.

April 2nd (day before new delivery.) 461,299 unused vaccines.

April 3rd, day of new delivery, and current surplus as of this post, 985,132.

But seeing as premier Ford walked back his comments on supply issues, I'll leave it be.

And let us hope all the provinces are ready to ramp this up significantly, especially in June.

Good,.....I heard they are hoping to open the 3 huge clinics they had to close down FOR LACK OF SUPPLY. At least that's what was on the news this morning coming to work.

Again slowly,...unused does not mean unspoken for.

Good,.....I heard they are hoping to open the 3 huge clinics they had to close down FOR LACK OF SUPPLY. At least that's what was on the news this morning coming to work.

Again slowly,...unused does not mean unspoken for.
Come on now.

They have near a million vaccines. If they are closing centers for "lack of supply" then they are insanely disorganized.

Back