Next to the Staff turnover last year, the largest change we've had is in how we apply and manage warnings. In the old days, it was by manually slapping a huge banner on a user's account, writing it up and then manually removing it when the time came. The new approach is simpler and more transparent, for everyone. It's also streamlined to keep the Staff from becoming bogged down in managing warnings.
- A 0% warning can be used if a "warning shot" is needed, with no impact.
- Users may apply a +5% warning to another user via the MilPoints Assessment screen, this falls into line with our users policing users approach.
- At 10% a user is added to a watch list for the staff.
- At 25% a user is moderated (all posts must be approved)
- At 50%+ a user is muted (they cannot post)
- Warnings automatically decay at a rate of 10% per day.
- Each Staff can apply no more than 50% to a given user, on a given day.
- This means any Staff can mute a user immediately, but concurrence from another Staff is required to keep it in place.
- E.G. A user with 70% warning will be unable to post for 2 days, and back to normal usage in 7 days.
- A user's entire warning history is displayed on the warning screen.
- Staff can decrease warning % at any time.
- All messages and warnings are logged, this helps any review process.
If you receive a warning that you wish to dispute, PM me and I will look into it. Please do not PM any Staff you see online. We're trying, as much as possible, to streamline how we handle matters like this, and a common approach is what is required.
Any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.