• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Installation of Tampon Dispensers in all Washrooms

Guess you missed all the stories of them being emptied into the garbage and torn off the walls. Either way, the initiative cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, for nothing except to sooth the potato's ego. It should be expected of him though, after self identifying he has trouble with basic math, the budget will balance itself and he doesn't concern himself with finances. It was a gigantic waste of money, but then that's been the earmark of his last nine years. But go ahead and keep defending him.
Ok. So that’s vandalism in a federal govt building. Are you going to condone it because it’s against Trudeau?

And what is your deal with me and Trudeau anyway? I didn’t vote for him last time but you seem to keep wanting to put me in the LPC’s pocket.

Either way, the initiative cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, for nothing except to sooth the potato's ego. It should be expected of him though, after self identifying he has trouble with basic math, the budget will balance itself and he doesn't concern himself with finances. It was a gigantic waste of money, but then that's been the earmark of his last nine years.

The cost is probably more than that. Those dispenser things are probably $100 each, at least, times the number of washrooms in federal buildings...fuck me what a waste of money. Meanwhile I report half a dozen issues with our building a week that doesn't get repaired.

Ok. So that’s vandalism in a federal govt building. Are you going to condone it because it’s against Trudeau?

And what is your deal with me and Trudeau anyway? I didn’t vote for him last time but you seem to keep wanting to put me in the LPC’s pocket.
Show me where I said it was a good thing, or where I condone vandalism. Why would I blame a vandals actions on trudeau? Your premise on this one is stupid.

I'm talking about the cost of the initiative. You appear to have misconstrued things and implied that once they were there and filled there would be no more cost. I just asked if you had not heard the stories about vandalism, creating ongoing costs. I was implying it was not a zero cost item.

I don't care who you voted for.

Out East a email came out listing every building that had issues the dispensers and there was a lot. Everything from contents being thrown in the garbage, contents going missing, dispensers being damaged, cleaning staff being told not to fill them etc etc and the threat of legal action if caught messing with them.

They seem to be empty in most places that I have seen.
Personally I like it. I think it's great that a Transperson using the male washroom has access to that - avoids a really uncomfortable or embarrassing situation.

It's probably my own TDS but I think the governments less-than-subtle efforts to antagonize people/create a wedge issue over LGBTQ issues is why we see people acting out over some tampons in the male washroom.

The vandalisim is a result of (at least in part) the in your face you're a bigot if you wouldn't bring your children to drag queen storytime, rainbow flag on every corner nausea the LPC pushes.

Personally I like it. I think it's great that a Transperson using the male washroom has access to that - avoids a really uncomfortable or embarrassing situation.

It's probably my own TDS but I think the governments less-than-subtle efforts to antagonize people/create a wedge issue over LGBTQ issues is why we see people acting out over some tampons in the male washroom.

The vandalisim is a result of (at least in part) the in your face you're a bigot if you wouldn't bring your children to drag queen storytime, rainbow flag on every corner nausea the LPC pushes.
It’s already a uncomfortable situation for most involved. Plenty of men don’t want transmen (biological women) in the bathroom with them to begin with (and vice versa for women). Adding all these tampon dispensers (a female only product) to a male only space only reminds them that their comfort doesn’t matter.

I suspect thats a large part of the vandalism, people lash out when uncomfortable or frustrated.

The potentially embarrassing situation the government is likely spending millions to avoid is so astronomical in odds its insane. The current number of trans people in Canada is approximately 1:300. Looking online the odds of female to male are approximately 2:1 so approximately 2 out of every 900 people is female to male trans. Assuming the CAF is equal to the population on this, thats about 222 female to male trans people who potentially could need this.

And thats assuming they were unprepared and didn’t plan ahead for any situation they would need them for to begin with.

Meanwhile we are constantly cutting from our operational and logistical budgets being told to make due with less well expecting more. It just shows what a joke our priorities are.

Out East a email came out listing every building that had issues the dispensers and there was a lot. Everything from contents being thrown in the garbage, contents going missing, dispensers being damaged, cleaning staff being told not to fill them etc etc and the threat of legal action if caught messing with them.
To be fair, I don't think that anyone has actually received a 40 minute lecture on how to use them. Surely there must be an incoming DLN course.

Plenty of men don’t want transmen (biological women) in the bathroom with them to begin with (and vice versa for women). Adding all these tampon dispensers (a female only product) to a male only space only reminds them that their comfort doesn’t matter.
Fair point. Guess they should throw fists with the transmen if they're that upset and not beat up helpless dispensers just trying to do their duty.

Edit: Maybe the mods could pull the bathroom convo into the Trans thread?

Fair point. Guess they should throw fists with the transmen if they're that upset and not beat up helpless dispensers just trying to do their duty.

Edit: Maybe the mods could pull the bathroom convo into the Trans thread?
I think it’s childish to beat up dispensers too. I also think it’s childish and a waste of money to put them in as well.

From what I can glean from these threads and guys I know it seemed for a while the whole beard thing etc "its because the troops want it". Sometimes the troops don't get what they want...and this should have been one.
Thats a hard position to hold when this cost 0 dollars and we’re short 17000 soldiers, sailors, and airmen.

The dress regs are one thing, but I wish I could serve in a military that didn't put tapons in the men's washrooms.

Somehow, and I know it seems impossible, I manage to use the shutter without getting upset some one put a box of female sanitary supplies in there. I know guys it seems impossible, but if you don’t obsess over every little thing you live a much happier life.

Consider them first aid supplies for nose bleeds...used to be in my trainer's kit for that reason until purposely designed nasal tampons became available...which in their original iteration, were just expensive menstrual ones with a fancy nasal sounding name too them.

I’ve seen enough dudes ignore the sink after taking a piss; I’m sure we’re all capable of ignoring the presence of a tampon machine if we don’t need use of it. That’s been my trick so far and it hasn’t impacted my life at all.

There you go:

Around $400 EACH.

What a gigantic waste of money holy hell. Gotta be a cheaper way to put Fem hygiene products on/in bathrooms.

I found a real nice, stainless steel pad dispenser in a buddies scrap metal pile. It's now mounted on my UTV as a tool box.

Consider them first aid supplies for nose bleeds...used to be in my trainer's kit for that reason until purposely designed nasal tampons became available...which in their original iteration, were just expensive menstrual ones with a fancy nasal sounding name too them.

Nostrils like a bull moose.🙂

Back