Author Topic: Contingency Cost Moves and Other Options  (Read 23916 times)

Offline reccecrewman

• Another fine day to be in the Corps..............
  • Rate Post
Re: Contingency Cost Move vs Other Ooptions
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2014, 11:37:31 »
On top of that, we have rent and bills to pay for here in Halifax, plus hubby's Rations in Trenton, and I'm not currently working because of my condition.

I realise that this thread has had no activity for roughly 3 months, but this line caught my attention.  If your husbands home is with you in Halifax, and he was in Trenton on course, then his Rations & Quarters should be paid for him as he has to maintain his primary residence back home in Halifax where you are.  I am writing this so you can go back to his Unit clerk and ask them to look into this for a ration remit claim. 

I know when I went on a 3 month course to CFB Borden from my home base of CFB Petawawa, my rations and quarters while in Borden was covered as I was maintaining my primary residence in Pet.  Food for thought anyway.  He could end up getting a nice chunk of change back if there was an oversight that had him paying for his rations.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference....... Soldiers don't have that problem.

Better to die fighting, standing on your feet than to live life serving on your knees.

Offline PMedMoe

is now a flat-faced civvy.... :).

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2014, 11:43:15 »
I realise that this thread has had no activity for roughly 3 months, but this line caught my attention.  If your husbands home is with you in Halifax, and he was in Trenton on course, then his Rations & Quarters should be paid for him as he has to maintain his primary residence back home in Halifax where you are.  I am writing this so you can go back to his Unit clerk and ask them to look into this for a ration remit claim. 

I know when I went on a 3 month course to CFB Borden from my home base of CFB Petawawa, my rations and quarters while in Borden was covered as I was maintaining my primary residence in Pet.  Food for thought anyway.  He could end up getting a nice chunk of change back if there was an oversight that had him paying for his rations.

Wrong.  The OP's spouse is posted to Trenton, not on course.  He has to pay for rations but not quarters.
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline reccecrewman

• Another fine day to be in the Corps..............
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2014, 11:50:24 »
Wrong.  The OP's spouse is posted to Trenton, not on course.  He has to pay for rations but not quarters.

Seen! I missed that part. Thank you!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference....... Soldiers don't have that problem.

Better to die fighting, standing on your feet than to live life serving on your knees.

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2014, 12:22:20 »
There is the option to move from Halifax to somewhere within Trenton's approved duty area, that is close enough to Kingston to allow you to attend appointments, etc...  If your husband has been in Trenton less than two years, I believe you should still qualify for a posting-related move so a CCM might not be required at all.  Perhaps have your husband confirm with 8 Wing what the approved duty area for home locations is, and determine if there's an option to live further East towards Kingston.  Lots of folks living in Belleville and some in Napanee (20 min from Kingston).  Potential solution, but needs to be checked out. 

CCMs in general are difficult to get approved as the conditions associated with them often preclude approval.  The biggest factor often is that the condition for which the CCM is being requested must be considered to be resolvable within the remainder of the normal period of the member's posting.  Spousal medical conditions of a persistent or lasting nature (I didn't see it specifically mentioned in your original post) that would reasonably be expected to extend beyond the posting duration would likely not support approval of a CCM.  If your husband has been posted to Trenton for more than two years and the move entitlement associated with that posting is no longer valid and your medical condition is of a permanent/lasting nature whereby a CCM would likely not be approved, then you both may need to give consideration to applying for compassionate status.  There is a danger that if a condition that was believed to be resolvable and thus a CCM was approved, turns out to extend beyond the period of the approved CCM, then consideration could be given by the Forces for commencement of an administrative review to determine if compulsory release might be considered.

Your husband should speak with his supervisor/chain-of-command and the Wing orderly room to determine the implications of requesting a CCM.

Reference should include familiarizing yourselves with the Defence Administration Order and Directive (DAOD) 5006-3 - Contingency Cost Moves for Personal Reasons, Compassionate Status and Compassionate Posting.

Regards
G2G

Offline Yawjames

• Rate Post
Re: contingency cost move
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 11:01:07 »
Hi, does anyone have info on who pays for contingency cost move. i went to the padre for help on applying for a move from Trenton to Edmonton and he told me that I have  to pay for it. My mother in law was diagnose with cancer last year and my wife wants to go back home. i have  review the DAOD 5003-6 and anything was mention that members pay for the move.

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
Re: contingency cost move
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:40 »
The Crown will pay for a Contingency Cost Move. From your perspective, it will be funded like any other move.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline CKLP

• Rate Post
CCM Posting...If you got it how long did it take?
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2017, 10:46:50 »
Hello, I have submitted a CCM I have been informed that everything has been supported and is at the DGMC, DSA or D Mil C step in the request process.  I was wondering if you received this type of posting how long did it take for everything to be said and done? 

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Contingency Cost Moves and Other Options
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2017, 11:16:59 »
Once the request is approved, D Mil C will cut a posting message and everything then proceeds just like any other move.
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.