Author Topic: Choice of Reg Force Infantry regiment ( merged )  (Read 17027 times)

Offline LunacyFringe

• Rate Post
Re: Choice of Reg Force Infantry regiment ( merged )
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2017, 18:07:49 »
When I went through BMQ we were simply given a posting message a few weeks before grad as to where our DP1 would take place. Everyone went to Wainwright. Since my arrival (and departure) nobody I've spoken to has been given the choice prior to DP1. Being said, we were asked for posting preferences prior to DP1 grad. Those of us who wanted to go RCR submitted memos, and those who wanted to remain PPCLI numbered their preferences between 1, 2, and 3 battalion. In the end, they send you where you're needed, not where you want to go.

Yes, some people will get their number one choice, and a handful will be able to rebadge to different regiments, but it depends solely on need of the regiment. If they can accommodate your preference, they look at underlying circumstance. That is, IF your request gets sent to a career manager. In Wainwright, we had to petition the CO via memo. My first one was denied by the RSM on the way up the chain. Eventually it got through and I was rebadged to RCR.

So to make a long, rambling, and unarticulated message short: You will have a chance to make your preferences known, but don't put all your eggs in one basket.