In CFAO 36-21 ACCOUNTING FOR RATION ENTITLEMENT
ANNEX G -- CASUAL MEALS AND REPAYMENT MEALSSECTION 1 -- CASUAL MEALS
1. For the purposes of Section 1 of this annex, "casual meal" means:
a. a meal provided to a living-out member from public rations under
paragraph 4y of 36-14.
b. a meal provided to a living-out member from public rations under
paragraph 4w of 36-14; or
c. a meal provided from public rations to a living-in member as a
result of ship/shore duty as prescribed in paragraph 4 below.
2. Except as indicated in paragraph 3 below, a Casual Meal Authorization
form (Appendix 1) shall be prepared to document and approve the entitlement
to a casual meal. The form shall be prepared in single copy and, after use
by the individual, shall be forwarded daily by the DND food services
facility to the base or unit orderly room for incorporation in the ration
3. Where a casual meal is provided in respect of a military duty that is
published in Routine Orders (eg, orderly officer), a Casual Meal
Authorization form is not required.
4. When a person on ration strength proceeds on duty from a ship to a
shore establishment, or to another ship, over a meal period, the executive
officer may approve a casual meal authorization for the meal or meals
taken. Similarly, a living-in person of a shore establishment may be
authorized a casual meal or meals when on duty in a ship over a meal
period. The ration entitlement of the parent ship or establishment shall
not be adjusted for such casual meals when the period of duty is for 24
hours or less.
ANNEX G, APPENDIX 1 -- CANADIAN FORCES CASUAL MEAL AUTHORIZATION
This image is in the process of being rescannedClick Image To Get Expanded View
INSTRUCTIONS (numbers correspond to circled numbers above)
1. Insert SN, rank and name of person. If a group is authorized meals,
insert "as per attached list".
2. Insert date on which meal(s) is/are to be taken.
3. Explain briefly the reason for the free casual meal(s).
4. Insert person's base, unit, section, company, branch, etc.
5. Signature and rank of authorizing officer.