Author Topic: CFPAS – All things PER, PDR, software ect… [MERGED]  (Read 733295 times)

Offline jkdunbar

• Rate Post
Re: CFPAS – All things PER, PDR, software ect… [MERGED]
« Reply #1425 on: February 15, 2017, 16:35:12 »
Can I get a PM too?

Offline Laco697

• Rate Post
« Reply #1426 on: February 18, 2017, 14:14:07 »
Can I get a password too pls

Offline xRackemupx

• Rate Post
« Reply #1427 on: February 19, 2017, 15:48:11 »
Can i get a PM for password as well

Offline AK

• Rate Post
« Reply #1428 on: February 21, 2017, 07:18:38 »
Okay, I've PM-ed the password to the last 6 people who requested the password here, as there is no indication whether the info is still required or not.

As I previously noted deeper in this thread, anyone is free to PM me directly to get the password. 

Cheers,

AK

Offline Patlach

• Rate Post
« Reply #1429 on: February 23, 2017, 15:04:48 »
I could use the password!! can you send it to me? :)

Offline Robbie

• Rate Post
« Reply #1430 on: February 26, 2017, 20:23:55 »
Anyone on right now that can send me the password?

Thank you.
We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people.
- Jul 2005
- Gen Hillier, (Ret)

“I was on the beach in the Dominican Republic and I had a little break and I heard about that and —- can I say without everyone beating up on me across canada — I was on my third rum-and-coke and I really didn’t give a damn.
- Feb 2008
- Gen Hillier, (Ret)

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1431 on: February 27, 2017, 10:08:00 »
Password please! Thanks all!
“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Death before dishonour! Nothing before coffee!

Offline cdnnvyguy

• Rate Post
« Reply #1432 on: March 02, 2017, 20:41:05 »
Could someone please pm me with said password as well. TIA

Offline Queen For A Day

• Rate Post
  • Truth is like poetry
« Reply #1433 on: March 02, 2017, 20:47:39 »
letmein
You are not obliged to say anything. You have nothing to fear from any threat and you have nothing to hope from any promise whether or not you do say anything, but anything you say may be taken down in writing or recorded by other means, or both, and may be used as evidence. Do you fully understand this warning?

JAG's DCS After hours Recording >You have reached counsel; keep your mouth shut; press one to repeat this message.<

Offline AK

• Rate Post
« Reply #1434 on: March 03, 2017, 10:49:18 »
I'm not sure publicly posting the password is appropriate.

While the staff suggested the we share the password widely with other military personnel, if they had wanted it available to everybody, I suspect that they would have posted it. 

my  :2c:

AK

Offline C17 Tech

• Rate Post
  • NO NO NO YES NO
« Reply #1435 on: March 03, 2017, 11:39:25 »
I'm not sure publicly posting the password is appropriate.

While the staff suggested the we share the password widely with other military personnel, if they had wanted it available to everybody, I suspect that they would have posted it. 

my  :2c:

AK

The CDS posted it online in June 2012. Google: "Maple Leaf" & CFPAS. First hit: publications.gc.ca

The Taliban and ISIL don't get to see the chapters on pecking order, reprisals, and bun tosses though.

Or you could have Googled this:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/password-and-letmein-among-worst-passwords-ever-1.729935

:)
You are, in such manner and on such occasions as may be prescribed by us, to exercise and well discipline in their duties such officers, men and women as may be placed under your orders from time to time and use your best endeavours to keep them in good order and discipline…in pursuance of the Trust hereby reposed in you.
- Her Majesty The Queen in Right of Canada

Offline BCFrenchy

• Rate Post
« Reply #1436 on: March 04, 2017, 17:31:55 »
Hi, I did send a request for the password on the CFPAS web site and I didn't received anything and I also tried to call but no chance.  Now I'm stuck at home with 5 PER to write, can someone help me with the password to download CFPAS please.

Offline Queen For A Day

• Rate Post
  • Truth is like poetry
You are not obliged to say anything. You have nothing to fear from any threat and you have nothing to hope from any promise whether or not you do say anything, but anything you say may be taken down in writing or recorded by other means, or both, and may be used as evidence. Do you fully understand this warning?

JAG's DCS After hours Recording >You have reached counsel; keep your mouth shut; press one to repeat this message.<

Offline BCFrenchy

• Rate Post
« Reply #1438 on: March 04, 2017, 18:08:16 »
Thanks, really appreciated  [:D

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
Re: Are PER's Protected B - And is this appropriate?
« Reply #1439 on: April 05, 2017, 16:00:29 »
USS and ISSO here :-)

If just the information at the top of the PER is filled out technically it's only Protected A. For those that fill out the PER with all the write up but leave the tombstone data out, it's still Protected B and as an ISSO if I had to do an ISSIR on this I would classify it as a security breach.  Please don't try the "but it only says Cpl Bloggins in it", I can tell you that by reading the write-up I will very likely be able to tell you who the PER is for and it should be encrypted.

As for "copies", in accordance with CFPAS there are only two versions allowed to be in existence once the PER is completed and signed by all parties. The original goes on a merit file (the merit file exists in different places for RegF vs NAVRES vs Militia), one copy is made and given to the individual who's PER it is.  That is it, that is all - any other copies are in contravention of CFPAS.

What a member decides to do with their PER is up to them, it's their document and information regarding them.  If they want to scan it and post it to Facebook, all the more power to them.  If anyone else has a copy of it, it's in contravention of CFPAS.  If anyone else an electronic copy of it and it's not encrypted than it's an IS Security Infraction and an ISSIR should be completed.

Advice from an ISSO... encrypt working copies, once they're delivered to the individual, delete all electronic copies and ensure you don't have "working copies."

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1440 on: April 05, 2017, 19:51:41 »
But I wonder why you would want to post it "publicly"?

Phallic dimensional comparison?

Online SupersonicMax

is back home.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1441 on: April 05, 2017, 20:52:12 »
USS and ISSO here :-)

If just the information at the top of the PER is filled out technically it's only Protected A. For those that fill out the PER with all the write up but leave the tombstone data out, it's still Protected B and as an ISSO if I had to do an ISSIR on this I would classify it as a security breach.  Please don't try the "but it only says Cpl Bloggins in it", I can tell you that by reading the write-up I will very likely be able to tell you who the PER is for and it should be encrypted.

As for "copies", in accordance with CFPAS there are only two versions allowed to be in existence once the PER is completed and signed by all parties. The original goes on a merit file (the merit file exists in different places for RegF vs NAVRES vs Militia), one copy is made and given to the individual who's PER it is.  That is it, that is all - any other copies are in contravention of CFPAS.

What a member decides to do with their PER is up to them, it's their document and information regarding them.  If they want to scan it and post it to Facebook, all the more power to them.  If anyone else has a copy of it, it's in contravention of CFPAS.  If anyone else an electronic copy of it and it's not encrypted than it's an IS Security Infraction and an ISSIR should be completed.

Advice from an ISSO... encrypt working copies, once they're delivered to the individual, delete all electronic copies and ensure you don't have "working copies."

No encryption needed if it is on a Protected B medium and properly stored.

Offline Nuggs

• Rate Post
« Reply #1442 on: April 05, 2017, 21:53:55 »
I may be mistaken on this one but I believe the treasury board regs require all GC removable media to be encrypted.
"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash."
Attributed to, and denied by, Winston Churchill

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1443 on: April 05, 2017, 22:18:49 »
No encryption needed if it is on a Protected B medium and properly stored.

As far as DWAN machines go, Protected A is authorized for processing and storage, while Protected B is only authorized for processing.  Any storage must be PKI encrypted.

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1444 on: April 05, 2017, 22:33:46 »
I may be mistaken on this one but I believe the treasury board regs require all GC removable media to be encrypted.

True, however, TB regs also state :

Only on an exception basis, as per departmental / agency risk tolerance and with formal departmental / agency approval, may unencrypted GC information be stored on a non-password or non-biometric controlled portable data storage device

And the department of National defense makes such an exception:

Can't find it off DWAN. Anyways, the policy from ADM(IM) is pretty much verbatim what the TB policy is, but it adds a para that reads something like: " portable data storage devices, if not intended to contain classified material, are not required to be encrypted".

I can paste it tomorrow but essentially, if I can store  a hard copy PROB  file in my filing cabinet, why can't I store a PROB USB key containing unencrypted PROB files in the same filing cabinet?

Don't even get me started on storing encrypted PROB files on hard drive...
“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1445 on: April 05, 2017, 22:48:07 »
It's worth consulting the DGDS website (DWAN only) for security regulations; I believe that some have been rewritten.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1446 on: April 06, 2017, 08:51:57 »
According to MARPAC IS security orders, if you store PROB information on a USB stick unencrypted, you store the USB key in a PROB cabinet just like all your other PROB file. If, however, the PROB information is encrypted, then you can store the USB stick in the same manner as a PROA file.

Now that's just one Formation in the RCN; other elements might have different policies, but the policy makes sense to me. Why would we have to lock up and encrypt electronic information when the hardcopies are only locked up?
― Dwight D. Eisenhower