Author Topic: Cenotaph/Memorial Vandalism/Solutions-Laws (merged)  (Read 146818 times)

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
Re: Cenotaph/Memorial Vandalism/Solutions-Laws (merged)
« Reply #700 on: August 04, 2015, 00:00:14 »
Whether it was form. . . or forn. . ., buddy has probably removed himself for consideration for the Order of Canada for several hundred years

Although he may still qualify for the as yet un-issued Queens Platinum Jubilee Medal...

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #701 on: August 04, 2015, 06:41:38 »
Although he may still qualify for the as yet un-issued Queens Platinum Jubilee Medal...
:rofl:
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Kat Stevens

non atrocitate, non clementia mutabatur.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #702 on: August 04, 2015, 07:38:06 »
These statues are bronze for the most part, aren't they?  A pretty good conductor of electricity if I recall?  The answer is a trip to the nearest farm supply for an electric fence box.  Smartens
up the dumbest of sheep and cows, should work fine on the drunken two legged cattle too.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:40:38 by Kat Stevens »
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #703 on: August 04, 2015, 17:11:33 »
These statues are bronze for the most part, aren't they?  A pretty good conductor of electricity if I recall?  The answer is a trip to the nearest farm supply for an electric fence box.  Smartens
up the dumbest of sheep and cows, should work fine on the drunken two legged cattle too.
Would that cause birds landing on it to explode or something, or would it work like birds on a powerline?

Meanwhile, here's the "monumental" Ottawa police service news release ....
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Robert0288

• Rate Post
« Reply #704 on: August 04, 2015, 19:34:15 »
should be like birds to a power line.  Then again we might get a really cool lighting effect with electricity arcing off

Offline E.R. Campbell

• Retired, years ago
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #705 on: January 13, 2016, 10:53:40 »
It never ends, does it?

Now the Toronto Star reports that the Soldier’s Memorial Slype,* commemorating St. Michael’s alumni who fought in the World Wars and the Korean War, and which connects Queen’s Park to the quad at the college campus, was defaced by vandals last night.

So sad ...

_____
* slype
   noun, Architecture
   1. a covered passage, especially one from the transept of a cathedral to the chapter house.
It is ill that men should kill one another in seditions, tumults and wars; but it is worse to bring nations to such misery, weakness and baseness
as to have neither strength nor courage to contend for anything; to have nothing left worth defending and to give the name of peace to desolation.
Algernon Sidney in Discourses Concerning Government, (1698)
----------
Like what you see/read here on Army.ca?  Subscribe, and help keep it "on the air!"

Offline geo

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #706 on: January 18, 2016, 16:07:31 »
Childish!
Chimo!

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #707 on: July 11, 2016, 09:31:57 »
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice ...
Someone has vandalized the cenotaph at Legion Memorial Park in Cornwall.

The culprit or culprits used dark green paint to scribe a scrawling set of initials across the date stamp, marking the time those who served in World War I, World War II and the Korean War.

It’s not clear when the vandalism took place but the act has drawn a furor from people on social media ...

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline mariomike

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #708 on: July 11, 2016, 11:24:10 »
"The culprit or culprits used dark green paint to scribe a scrawling set of initials across the date stamp, marking the time those who served in World War I, World War II and the Korean War."

Time for an Earl Scheib treatment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyersVRlEGU

Offline mariomike

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #709 on: November 09, 2016, 14:20:39 »
Man who sold a cenotaph plaque for scrap to be sentenced Nov. 21
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/cenotaph-sentencing-plaque-fredericton-jeffery-grant-1.3840444
Jeffrey Grant pleaded guilty earlier to possession of stolen brass plaque taken from city cenotaph.