Author Topic: Aerospace Control Officers-AEC [merged]  (Read 303750 times)

Offline edlabonte

• Rate Post
Re: Aerospace Control Officers-AEC [merged]
« Reply #600 on: March 03, 2017, 20:36:30 »
Common Course in Cornwall is about a month, Pre Course while you wait at which ever base you are sent for OJT will probably last 3 months.  IFR/Weapons are 5 months and VFR course is 4 months.  I think the only other thing you can study are military and civilian aircraft identification and identifier codes. 

Offline AlwaysWaiting

• Rate Post
« Reply #601 on: March 15, 2017, 14:50:27 »
Do you happen to have a link where I could find those handy codes? I've googled them but come up with all kinds of clutter instead of what I'm looking for.

Offline edlabonte

• Rate Post

Offline Lilswitche

• Rate Post
« Reply #603 on: March 19, 2017, 22:02:06 »
If you get streamed IFR/VFR there'll be a pre-course in Trenton for a couple weeks immediately before going to Cornwall.  The first 2 weeks in Cornwall will serve as a common course for general aviation information.  Both the IFR and VFR courses are changing dramatically, so a lot of the stream specific pre-course material won't be as useful to gloss over.

I wouldn't worry too much about trying to get ahead before starting.  Try to get a good OJT at an operational unit, it'll help.

Offline AlwaysWaiting

• Rate Post
« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2017, 10:33:17 »
Thanks for the additional information, looking for study material more to fill my time productively than out of worry. Any suggestions on a good placement for OJT that's close to the east coast?

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline Lilswitche

• Rate Post
« Reply #606 on: March 23, 2017, 22:50:05 »
Thanks for the additional information, looking for study material more to fill my time productively than out of worry. Any suggestions on a good placement for OJT that's close to the east coast?

Are you looking to Weapons or ATC? ATC wise the only operational unit would be Greenwood.  I've never been there, so I can't comment on how effective the stay would be in preparation for your course.

Offline AlwaysWaiting

• Rate Post
« Reply #607 on: March 24, 2017, 06:39:40 »
I'm interested in Weapons but as far as I understand I don't get the option. Greenwood would be nice on that side of things. I've asked this in other threads but never received an answer, do you guys know when the next selection dates are for AEC, or when the next common course is being run?

Offline Lilswitche

• Rate Post
« Reply #608 on: March 27, 2017, 12:58:13 »

I'm interested in Weapons but as far as I understand I don't get the option. Greenwood would be nice on that side of things. I've asked this in other threads but never received an answer, do you guys know when the next selection dates are for AEC, or when the next common course is being run?

Refer to a recruiter for selection dates.

Wrt which stream you'll be entered into:  you submit your preferences and they take that into consideration.  I haven't seen many that were made to go ATC when they wanted Weapons or vice versa.

The master course calendar can be found from any dwan computer: Borden mil site -> 16 Wg -> CFSACO -> "Master Calendar 2017".

Offline Revan

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
Looking for info on AEC VFR common phase
« Reply #609 on: May 17, 2017, 11:49:07 »
Looking for a VFR AEC officer who wouldn't mind sending me a direct msg to answer some questions I have regarding the common phase.

Would greatly appreciate your time :)