Author Topic: Commuting and outside Geo  (Read 586 times)

Offline marinemech

• Rate Post
    • NAVY.CA
Commuting and outside Geo
« on: May 24, 2017, 18:00:51 »
Looking for some insight, i was just posted to CFB Gagetown, from CFLRS. Somehow in all of the shuffle my losing clerks placed me with my parents residence and when i met with my new staff it could possibly create small headaches for a few weeks as shack space is nil for single quarters (not elg to share a room due to my current posting as its not a training posting) i did some looking on here and show that i might be entitled to commuting allowance where i am 100 km each way from the base. I don't really want to sign a lease if i have to reneg on it a few weeks later. any insight or suggestions appreciated

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Rate Post
Re: Commuting and outside Geo
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 21:23:22 »
Looking for some insight, i was just posted to CFB Gagetown, from CFLRS. Somehow in all of the shuffle my losing clerks placed me with my parents residence and when i met with my new staff it could possibly create small headaches for a few weeks as shack space is nil for single quarters (not elg to share a room due to my current posting as its not a training posting) i did some looking on here and show that i might be entitled to commuting allowance where i am 100 km each way from the base. I don't really want to sign a lease if i have to reneg on it a few weeks later. any insight or suggestions appreciated
Do you mean Commuting Assistance

If so, no.  It is only applicable to a handful of locations where there isn't public transportation available and there isn't a decent sized town nearby.  Think Suffield, Dundurn...those kinds of places, Gagetown isn't one of them.

Online tree hugger

• Hug a Betula allegeniensis.
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 07:14:05 »
Apply for a PMQ.  There may be a wait for a month or so, but you'd end up close to base.
Always behave like a duck.   Remain cool and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the dickens underneath.

Offline SJBeaton

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 11:15:56 »

More information is required. What type of posting is this? Posting (authorized, restricted, etc.) or Attach Posted? Did you live with your parents (is that the location of your F&E?) before CFLRS and returned there?