Author Topic: ACSO Career Courses  (Read 412 times)

Online Cherrysu

• Rate Post
ACSO Career Courses
« on: May 11, 2017, 08:07:14 »
So I'm a winged ACSO looking for opportunities for courses I can take that would open up some career possibilities. Just wondering if there's a list of courses somewhere that breaks down which trade is eligible for what. I've tried searching around but it appears my DWAN-fu isn't the greatest, and no one I seem to talk to knows either.

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: ACSO Career Courses
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 09:07:07 »
DPGR used to have a DWAN database of quals, but one of the last "upgrades" by the PA folks got rid of that useful information.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Online Cherrysu

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 09:26:50 »
DPGR used to have a DWAN database of quals, but one of the last "upgrades" by the PA folks got rid of that useful information.
Yeah I've tried digging in the 2CAD page as well as trying to find some of the schools pages but haven't had much luck.

Offline Dolphin_Hunter

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 09:55:33 »
HPMA
Flight Safety
AOEW
Space Operations
Advanced SERE
Arctic Survival
Aerospace Systems
Pretty much anything thrown on by the warfare folks in Trenton
TEWIC

There's much more, but this should keep you busy for a while...

no one I seem to talk to knows either.

Where the frig are you? 

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 12:45:50 »
Are you newly-winged?  If so, look at Space Ops, Basic Electronic Warfare since they're online and can be done alongside other courses like HPMA and Flight Safety.  Some of the courses Dolphin Hunter mentioned are pretty senior stuff (Aerospace Systems Program in particular).

Also, plug away at AFOD and CAFJOD.
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Online Cherrysu

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 07:43:14 »
Thanks for the help everyone. I've been killing the PD courses so far. Does anyone have any info on the TACP course? Or the JTAC... I forget which one ACSOs are eligible for.. That sounds like it might be an interesting path to take, just wondering if anyone knows first hand, knows a guy, etc.. Or at least knows how courses like that might be solicited.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:41:23 by Cherrysu »

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 19:33:19 »
Thanks for the help everyone. I've been killing the PD courses so far. Does anyone have any info on the TACP course? Or the JTAC... I forget which one ACSOs are eligible for.. That sounds like it might be an interesting path to take, just wondering if anyone knows first hand, knows a guy, etc.. Or at least knows how courses like that might be solicited.

Thanks

That will be after your first tour on Sqn.  I believe the JTAC course is still promulgated via message but I haven't seen any messages for those in a while.
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."