Author Topic: Ex Soldier Evicted While Waiting For Pension and Benifits  (Read 4963 times)

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
Re: Ex Soldier Evicted While Waiting For Pension and Benifits
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 09:35:05 »
Maybe I'm missing something here, but the obvious answer to me on this would be to file a lawsuit against the appropriate governmental department. Because of the government's wilful neglect, someone who should have been in receipt of an earned pension lost their home and likely incurred considerable expense as a result. The government's actions caused harm to a person. Damages in such a case ought to be pretty straightforward. I don't know why in the hell we tolerate something from DND or the government in general that would be manifestly unacceptable from any other employer.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Lightguns

• Rate Post
  • I live for trout and deer
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 09:40:41 »
Maybe I'm missing something here, but the obvious answer to me on this would be to file a lawsuit against the appropriate governmental department. Because of the government's wilful neglect, someone who should have been in receipt of an earned pension lost their home and likely incurred considerable expense as a result. The government's actions caused harm to a person. Damages in such a case ought to be pretty straightforward. I don't know why in the hell we tolerate something from DND or the government in general that would be manifestly unacceptable from any other employer.

You are not missing anything but suing the government is a costly thing.  Their lawyers are paid full time whether they actually do anything or not and they got a lot of them stacked up waiting to run you over in court.  Hers would quickly drain any settlement she got.  We tolerate because we are subjects not citizens.  In effect, we 35 million training aids for the elite few who govern or hold power in the branches of government. 

We used to own six inches of soil under us but don't you dare move that soil without a permit.  We are nothing to them beyond revenues sources.
Done, 34 years, 43 days complete, got's me damn pension!

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 09:54:34 »
You are not missing anything but suing the government is a costly thing.  Their lawyers are paid full time whether they actually do anything or not and they got a lot of them stacked up waiting to run you over in court.  Hers would quickly drain any settlement she got.  We tolerate because we are subjects not citizens.  In effect, we 35 million training aids for the elite few who govern or hold power in the branches of government. 

We used to own six inches of soil under us but don't you dare move that soil without a permit.  We are nothing to them beyond revenues sources.

Oh, believe me, I know- I'm on the wrong end of a BS lawsuit, that fortunately because my actions were on duty and in good faith (and my video camera saves me from the word of 6 against just me), the Department of Justice has appointed a crown lawyer to defend me. I can assure you that those lawyers are never idle, they're working pretty hard, and the whels of justice turn slowly.

I recognize that a lawsuit can be a costly pursuit, but there are likely firms such as Drapeau that would take such matters on on a contingency basis, and would try to get the lawyer's costs built into a settlement  decision. This particular issue could even potentially be a class action.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.