Author Topic: Lisa Hampson, Major, CO 7 Intelligence Company  (Read 487 times)

Offline George Wallace

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Lisa Hampson, Major, CO 7 Intelligence Company
« on: March 19, 2017, 17:09:17 »
“ It is with great sorrow that we announce the passing of Major Lisa Hampson, CO of 7 Intelligence Company, early morning, Sunday 19th of March 2017 at the Queensway Carleton Hospital. Lisa was admitted to hospital two weeks ago with serious health problems. She underwent surgery and there were good indications that her health may improve.  Sadly that did not happen.

Lisa is survived by her husband, LCol Jim Hampson, (CO 30th Fd Regiment, RCA) and her sons Morgan and Brendan.  

Lisa will be greatly missed by all the former members of 2 Intelligence Platoon, serving members of 7 Intelligence Company, the Intelligence Branch, and all those whom she has had contact with within the Defence community.”

The following details were released earlier this afternoon:

24 Mar 17: Public Viewing
Loc: Tubman Funeral Home (3440 Richmond Rd Ottawa)
Timing: 1700-1900
Dress: DEU with ribbons (or comparable attire)

25 Mar 17: Funeral Service
Timing: 1030
Loc: St. Barnabas Church downtown (70 James St)
Dress: DEU with medals (or comparable attire)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 19:10:23 by George Wallace »
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline George Wallace

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Lisa Hampson, Major, CO 7 Intelligence Company
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:55:54 »

From the CMIA:
On behalf of the President and Board of Directors, it is with great sorrow that we announce the passing of Maj Lisa Hampson, CO 7 Intelligence Company Ottawa.

Lisa passed away on 19 March 2017 after a short illness.

A visitation will be held at the Garden Chapel of Tubman Funeral Homes, 3440 Richmond Road, Nepean on Friday, 24 March 2017 from 17:00 – 19:00. 

Funeral Service will be held on Saturday, 25 March 2017 at St. Barnabas Anglican Church, 70 James St. (at Kent) at 10:30, followed by a reception at the Army Officers Mess (149 Somerset St. W). 

In lieu of flowers a donation to 7 Intelligence Company Association, would be appreciated. 

Condolences or tributes may be made at www.tubmanfuneralhomes.com

The full obituary can be found at:  http://www.tubmanfuneralhomes.com/families-in-our-care/lisa-a-hampson/2067/ 
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
Re: Lisa Hampson, Major, CO 7 Intelligence Company
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:55:42 »
Condolences to family, colleagues & friends  :salute:
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter