Author Topic: DEO AEC training difficulty  (Read 875 times)

Offline gronkpatriot

• Rate Post
DEO AEC training difficulty
« on: February 28, 2017, 16:22:52 »
Hello all, I recently passed my medical and am now waiting to hear back in regard to my BMOQ date. My trades selected are aerospace control officer and intel. My question is this: I've heard from a few sources that the training for aerospace control officers is insanely hard. A few have said that the failure rate ranges from 70-90 percent. While I have every intention of giving this absolutely everything I have, I'm just curious if anyone can weigh in on there opinion of these failover rates. If anything it might help put my mind at ease 🙂. Thank you for any responses and any advice.

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: DEO AEC training difficulty
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 17:45:38 »
A lot of occupations have high failure rates, and AEC is one of them. "Hard"? Some courses are, and there is a lot of work required to pass them, yes, but, aside from that, some people, no matter how intelligent, motivated, and talented, are simply not suited for those types of work.

Having your mind at ease is not a good thing now, on course, or on the job. Another term for that is "complacency".

And it's "Int" in Canada. "Intel" is American.

Online edlabonte

• Rate Post
Re: DEO AEC training difficulty
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 18:32:45 »
Passing an AEC course is not for the faint of heart.  You will spend many nights studying for exams or practicing in the simulator.  You need to focus maximum effort at all times while on course.  You must study and practice with your course mates.  You will either pass together or fail alone. 

Then when Friday night comes around, you will need to take some time to relax and unwind.  If you don't, you well stress yourself out and buckle under the heavy course load.

Good luck on your upcoming courses, See you in the Ops Room.