Author Topic: Canadian Government Supplying New Infantry Support Weapons  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
Canadian Government Supplying New Infantry Support Weapons
« on: February 09, 2017, 17:45:09 »
Only problem is - your sniper rifles, CG-84s and 60mm mortars are going to the Kurds.....

Rumour has it.  Per yesterday's National Post.

Over, Under, Around or Through.
Anticipating the triumph of Thomas Reid.

"One thing that being a scientist has taught me is that you can never be certain about anything. You never know the truth. You can only approach it and hope to get a bit nearer to it each time. You iterate towards the truth. You don’t know it.”  - James Lovelock

Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others. [Ambrose Bierce, 1911]

Offline CBH99

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
Re: Canadian Government Supplying New Infantry Support Weapons
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 18:09:04 »
Actually Chris, according to the news article yesterday the Kurds are getting quite a few pieces of kit that we would LOVE TO HAVE in a place like Mali.  Sniper rifles with suppressors!?  REALLY!?

On a serious note....is that equipment coming out of our stocks to supply them?  Or equipment the GoC has purchased seperately, for them?
Fortune Favours the Bold...and the Smart.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some Boondock Saints kicking around?

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 22:52:44 »
Sole source?  Canadian content?
Over, Under, Around or Through.
Anticipating the triumph of Thomas Reid.

"One thing that being a scientist has taught me is that you can never be certain about anything. You never know the truth. You can only approach it and hope to get a bit nearer to it each time. You iterate towards the truth. You don’t know it.”  - James Lovelock

Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others. [Ambrose Bierce, 1911]

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 00:18:00 »
Sole source?  Canadian content?

Probably a bit of both, though last I checked we don't make any anti-tank weapons domestically, though i'd love to see us get a production license for the new M4 Carl G
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Online MJP

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 11:01:47 »
Probably a bit of both, though last I checked we don't make any anti-tank weapons domestically, though i'd love to see us get a production license for the new M4 Carl G

No, but there is likely stock in the Depots of the older variants.  Typically that is how I have seen us do these sorts of programs before.
Hope is not a valid COA