Author Topic: Politics in 2017  (Read 30314 times)

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: Politics in 2017
« Reply #425 on: March 20, 2017, 19:08:47 »
Wrong angle.  Pain and suffering and failure to keep the Scots out.

Things have really changed,now the Scots want to stay home. :D

Offline GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #426 on: March 20, 2017, 19:31:46 »
Things have really changed,now the Scots want to stay home. :D

I think they did then too......
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
« Reply #427 on: March 20, 2017, 19:50:48 »
Pic y, Pic y.

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #428 on: March 20, 2017, 22:50:39 »
Nothing left in Scotland but Irishmen with names like Connolly and Connery.

All the Scots left and became Prime Ministers in London (Cameron, Brown, Blair, Home...)  or set up opium shops in Hong Kong.
Over, Under, Around or Through.
Anticipating the triumph of Thomas Reid.

"One thing that being a scientist has taught me is that you can never be certain about anything. You never know the truth. You can only approach it and hope to get a bit nearer to it each time. You iterate towards the truth. You don’t know it.”  - James Lovelock

Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others. [Ambrose Bierce, 1911]

Offline jmt18325

• Rate Post
« Reply #429 on: March 21, 2017, 13:24:14 »
Or they do and they disagree with it.  Thus they have expressed their democratic rights, of expression, as protected by Canadian law.

Of course - but there's nothing that can be done once they claim asylum.  We have to process their claim, no matter how they got here.  We signed the relevant treaties, after all.

Changing that is an entirely different discussion.

Offline jmt18325

• Rate Post
« Reply #430 on: March 21, 2017, 13:24:57 »
God, jmt!  I remain in continuing awe of your generally amazing superiority. 

I genuflect.  I genuflect. I genuflect.   [:D

I'm definitely superior to no one.  Just the other day, right on this website, I misunderstood the meaning of statist.

Offline jmt18325

• Rate Post
« Reply #431 on: March 21, 2017, 13:27:31 »
The interesting thing about law is that it can be changed. The law must balance between protecting the minority's rights while following the constitution (although I believe the constitution as a whole only covers Canadian citizens, with non-citizens being granted the rights laid out in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms) while ensuring that the majority's will is respected (as per democracy(.

Your absoluteness on every subject must be a real conversation starter at parties.

In real life, I'm much less absolute.  I don't disagree that the illegal border crossings are concerning (though they're being blown out of proportion).  I simply don't think that people generally understand the process.  Most people that I know don't even realize that those caught are arrested immediately.  Once they say the magic word, and if a criminal record is not found (generally not a problem in the case of those crossing) the must be released and their claim must be processed.

We should do away with the safe third country agreement.  Then people will stop sneaking in.  The Liberals won't budge on that, because they brought the agreement in.

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #432 on: March 21, 2017, 13:47:33 »
I'm definitely superior to no one.  Just the other day, right on this website, I misunderstood the meaning of statist.

:cheers:
Over, Under, Around or Through.
Anticipating the triumph of Thomas Reid.

"One thing that being a scientist has taught me is that you can never be certain about anything. You never know the truth. You can only approach it and hope to get a bit nearer to it each time. You iterate towards the truth. You don’t know it.”  - James Lovelock

Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others. [Ambrose Bierce, 1911]

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• "Look, I don't know if shooting penguins will help the environment or not. But I do know that the decision shouldn't be in the hands of people who just wanna kill for fun."
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #433 on: March 21, 2017, 21:36:15 »
Nothing left in Scotland but Irishmen with names like Connolly and Connery.

All the Scots left and became Prime Ministers in London (Cameron, Brown, Blair, Home...)  or set up opium shops in Hong Kong.

They grow up on a cold, wet, always raining island. To make improvements, they move half way around the world.... To a cold, wet always raining island (Vancouver)  and become union executives.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 21:41:05 by recceguy »
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.
-P.J. O’Rouke-

DISCLAIMER - my opinion may cause manginal irritation.