Author Topic: Griffon locations by numbers  (Read 10218 times)

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: Griffon locations by numbers
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 02:11:20 »
Tachel

Tac Hel.

Borden

Extremely unlikely, given the Squadron's role. Flying is limited, none of it is tactical, and the only requirement is for Maintenance Test Pilots.

Edmonton

Quite possible.

Gagetown

Not very likely, if at all, for a first tour.

Would like to avoid Pet and especially Valcartier.

Why?

I still have a lil bit more time to decide against rotary and go fixed and then location will be easy, very high chance to stay in Trenton (almost) forever.

Or get put on Auroras and end up in Greenwood or Comox.

Or Twin Otters in Yellowknife.

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 13:29:53 »
Was curious for where they physically keep the helicopters, but thanks.

https://skyvector.com/airport/CYCX/Gagetown-Heliport

It took me 17 seconds (and that included drinking an espresso) to find that.

Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 17:39:38 »
I still have a lil bit more time to decide against rotary and go fixed and then location will be easy, very high chance to stay in Trenton (almost) forever. But I personally find it awful to only push 1 button for 90% of the trip vs the hands on of a helicopter. But you do end up seeing the world.

Or maritime helicopters in Victoria/Halifax, and also see the world (albeit a lot of it while at sea).
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline Messerschmitt

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2015, 19:52:57 »
Or Twin Otters in Yellowknife.

They represent less than 10% of the multi fleet. I gather chances are extremely low unless you ask for it.

Or maritime helicopters in Victoria/Halifax, and also see the world (albeit a lot of it while at sea).

And living on a ship... for 6 months... although very tempting with the new cyclones.

In the end I keep trying to remind myself that location shouldn't matter as long as I end up flying. Unless of course you end up on an airframe that you can barely get a flight a week, like I heard is the case with the jets.
However I have not heard of any rotary/fixed wing airframe where they don't fly regularly yet.