Author Topic: Op UNIFIER - CAF and the Ukraine Crisis  (Read 60003 times)

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
Re: Op UNIFIER - CAF and the Ukraine Crisis
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2017, 10:26:50 »
A bit of the bigger, political picture, via the Ukrainian President's information machine (statement also attached in case link doesn't work)...
President of Ukraine coordinated positions with the Prime Minister of Canada on the eve of the G7 and NATO meeting

25 May 2017 - 14:28

President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko held a phone conversation with Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau.

Petro Poroshenko informed on the developments in Donbas and the ongoing violation of the Minsk agreements by Russia. The President of Ukraine expressed confidence that the leaders of NATO and G7 will deliver an appropriate assessment of the given situation, particularly in the issue of continuation of sanctions’ pressure on Moscow.

Prime Minister Trudeau assured that the G7 and NATO coalition is committed to support Ukraine.

The parties also discussed future intensification of bilateral relations. The leaders praised recent ratification of the Free Trade Agreement by the Canadian Senate that paves the way to its full application in the nearest future. Petro Poroshenko thanked Canada for its stance in the issue of development of defensive cooperation, the evidence of which is continuation of UNIFIER training mission and signature of the agreement on defensive cooperation.

Petro Poroshenko noted that the adoption of the EU’s decision as regards visa waiver for Ukrainians provides conditions for intensification of dialogue on visa liberalisation between Canada and Ukraine.

The parties coordinated the schedule of contacts at the highest level.
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
Re: Op UNIFIER - CAF and the Ukraine Crisis
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2017, 06:48:17 »
This via the UKR MoD info-machine (original in Ukrainian here, Google English translation below) ...
Military engineers have received qualified instructors NATO standards

Military engineers have received qualified instructors NATO-standard military engineers have gained qualifications of instructors NATO-standard military engineers qualified instructors gained by NATO standards

The center operational demining Main Directorate of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in Kamenetz-Podolsk Ceremony certificates completed in four two-week training course for junior officers who carried out the military forces of Canada.

Eight military engineers, who gained qualified trainers received certificates NATO standards of sample preparation and completion of the appropriate professional level.

In his speech, the deputy commander of the contingent instructors Combined Joint Task Force Canadian Forces Captain Matthew Murphy once again noted the success and high level of motivation Ukrainian military in the course of the exercise and gave the best listener Group Chief Warrant certificate Nicholas Turchenkovu best assistant trainees commander and a commemorative medal.

In turn, the acting deputy head of the Center for Demining of moral and psychological support Major Oleg Gomilko thanked foreign colleagues for their professional approach to the process of preparation of Ukrainian engineers and assured that the experience gained military demining center must use at combat missions in the area of ​​ATO and preparation of their colleagues from other units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Attached photos via Ukrainian MoD
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter