• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Current Dress Regs

They finally got around to rebuilding our back lanes in our immediate neighbourhood after decades of saying they were on the to do list sometime in the far distant undefined future.
Over a period of several years more the one vehicle suffered under carriage damage including at least one lost transmission. The ride down my own backlane was horrendous . I suspect that on least two occasions my kidneys traded places .
It was rough.
Then the former councillor who had retired put Street signs on each lane with the name's of every current city council member on them. It made the local news for several days and the national news once .
Lo and behold roughly three weeks later they began digging up the lanes to repair and replace the cement and asphalt.
It was already scheduled to be done we were told.
Your back lane is paved? Luxury!

Tearing up a street in Winnipeg to replace the sewer pipes. Just after the street had been replaced
In my hometown, there is always an open municipal works excavation. My Mom's theory was that, long ago, municipal public works "lost" a pile of dirt from a roadwork project. So, there will always be one open excavation out there.

That is why I don't take the pink hair and face tat crowd all that seriously. A lot of people have given up a helluva lot more than preferred choice of face hair style to serve this nation.

I don't think the country will get the mileage it intends out of the targeted recruit audience with these initiatives. Meaning if all that has been holding them back from joining all this time was the hair policy - they probably aren't going to be in it for the right reasons.

Opinions may vary!
The folks with face tats aren’t generally thinking “I want to join the CAF”. How many CAF members have suddenly wanted to fulfill the urge to get one since the current dress regs came out?

The ones with pink hair might, but if needed / is ordered to for operational reasons, there’s something called “hair dye”.

The folks with face tats aren’t generally thinking “I want to join the CAF”. How many CAF members have suddenly wanted to fulfill the urge to get one since the current dress regs came out?

The ones with pink hair might, but if needed / is ordered to for operational reasons, there’s something called “hair dye”.
The stupid face tats are all the rage among the criminal element. Idjuts

The stupid face tats are all the rage among the criminal element. Idjuts

Agreed, but unless there’s some run on face tats by CAF members or those trying to become CAF members that I’m unaware of, this is rage-baiting at best and disinformation at worst.

Agreed, but unless there’s some run on face tats by CAF members or those trying to become CAF members that I’m unaware of, this is rage-baiting at best and disinformation at worst.
yeah it is- I think a few might consider it but peer pressure "don't do anything stupid, stupid" might prevail.

Thanks for bringing this thread back, I was reading through the posts above yours thinking " How is it that the only thread on here that's not somehow about dress is titled Current Dress Regs?"

Huge improvement over what cadets were in the news for November 2021. Maybe long hair is having a positive effect on military culture after all.

It’s a distraction from real issues that affect retention and recruiting.

Back